Old versionsSee all
As it can be easily deduced, this practical application reduces the sizes of your MS PowerPoint files. It supports batch processing, so that you can lower the size of multiple PowerPoint files at once. It can reduce the weight of presentation files (PPT, PPTX), but not of show files (PPS, PPSX). In addition, it requires you to have the MS PowerPoint package installed on your system to be able to work.
The program supports size reduction of the latest MS PowerPoint file format (2007–2010). Its user interface is intuitive and easy to use. You can add your source files on an individual basis or select a folder, and let the program find and add the PowerPoint files inside it for you. Then you can clear your whole list with a simple click.
Finally, you can start the conversion process by pressing the "Start Reducing" button. You can check the operation advance thanks to the provided progress bar. The program will launch MS PowerPoint during the reduction process, and you may have to authorize graphics compression in order to achieve the goal. Once the process is over, you may change the default output folder where the reduced files will be stored.
There are also a couple of sample files included with the program, which you can also load with the click of a button. However, after checking the program with these sample files, I am afraid that the program’s effectiveness rate may not be very good - the reduction in size of the first sample file was minimal, while the second file actually saw its size increased!
In conclusion, MS PowerPoint File Size Reduce Software is a lightweight application that may help you save much disk space by reducing the size of your PowerPoint files, especially if you keep up a lot of them.
- Easy to use
- Supports batch processing
- Supports the latest MS PowerPoint file format
- You can select a folder and let the program search for PowerPoint files for you
- Includes a couple of sample files that can be loaded with the click of a button
- Capable of reducing the size of presentation files (PPT, PPTX), but not of show files (PPS, PPSX)
- Requires you to have MS PowerPoint installed on your system to be able to work
- Launches MS PowerPoint, and you may have to authorize graphics compression manually
- The program's effectiveness rate does not seem to be very good